Our Top 5 for Eating Out in Cork
We thought that this is a good topic to cover for our first blog post.
We love eating out (just check out our Twitter), we also appreciate good service and always on the look out for value. Although we have not been to all cafes, bars and restaurants as yet, we did manage to sample quiet a few.
So here is our top 5:
1. Electric Restaurant/Fish Bar – Food is locally sourced and cooked to perfection. We dare you find a better steak in Cork.
2. Farmgate at the English Market – probably the busiest place to have lunch in Cork. It is not open for late dinner, as the market closes at 6pm, however you can book a table if you really wanted to try it. Everything is organic and locally sourced.
3. Star Anise – another French restaurant in the heart of the city. This place is very popular with locals. Interior will not woe you, being simple and plain, but the food is definitely gourmet at its best.
4. Jacobs on the Mall – very open interior with a lot of greenery and art works. Food is exception along with service. It is pricey but they do have a great Early Bird menu.
5. Bodega – one of our favourite bars in Cork. Interior here is “chic”, however food is not quiet a match, it wont disappoint either. Think bar style – steak, fish, chips and curry is what you will definitely see on the menu. It is priced very reasonably and attracts a decent crowd.