Savings Tips for Women
- Try and identify core things for your wardrobe. Those are the items you wear a lot. Spend 80% of your clothes budget on those. Buy quality pieces. It is easier than to top it with cheap accessories. It looks good, last longer and makes you feel good. Which all in all makes a good budget and is a mood winner.
- Avoid impulse buys. If you are known for picking up things when running through a store in a hurry, then option is to shop online (but not on credit) or ask someone to pick up stuff for you. It will make that temptation to spend that extra fiver on total junk disappear or at least decrease. And I don’t need to do the maths for you here, but 1 impulse buy a month totals over a thousand every year.
- Beauty routines cost a lot and we know we cannot economize when it comes to it. However true that is, beauty treatments can be planned and do not have to cost a fortune. After all, beauty is only skin or make-up deep. Instead of going for full manicure, do the occasional nail and polish. It cost 30-40% less than a full manicure and keeps nails looking tidy. Same applies to facials, mini-facial is a great way to rejuvenate the skin and its a fraction of the price.
- Skincare is probably where I spend the most now than I ever used to. As you get older, skin seems to get a lot more demanding. Plus it is affected by sun, heating, food we eat and other things. So a good skin care routine should be a must for every woman who wants to keep that skin looking plum for longer. Average set of 5-6 step routine probably cost around 200 euro, but lasts you 2-3 months. I think it is good investment, but the initial outlay is not petty cash. I would advise you to keep an eye on the store sales and promotions and try to buy 2-3 months in advance if you can afford of some products that you are low on. It will save you a bit too and add extra points to your loyalty card.
- Great way to combine two above is to check out which skincare stand do free facials. Once you buy some products, they generally offer a free facial and you can ask for some samples. Last time I got enough foundation in a sample to last me 5 days. It is a saving of facial and the product.