Top 5 for Eating Out in County Cork
Not only we have tried and tasted a lot of places in the city, we have gone out of our way to taste the local cuisine beyond city border. Here is our top 5 for eating out in the suburbs:
1. Elm Tree, Glounthaune – This place has magical interior, extremely friendly staff and not one but 2 menus to chose from. There is a bar at the front and the restaurant at the back. So if you are feeling peckish and more interested to look at the rugby game, than examining an extensive menu – bar is the place. Restaurant menu has a lot of fresh fish and other locally source produce. Highly recommended and definitely number 1.
2. The Orgialla Restaurant at the Oriel House Hotel, Ballincollig – This place has spacious atmosphere, well put-together menu and best service we have seen in a long time.
3. White Horse Pub, Ballincollig – This place is family run and gives you instant feeling of Irish hospitality. Great timeless dishes and very well priced too.
4. Fishy Fishy cafe, Kinsale – Definitely a top spot for all things “Fish” in the West County Cork. And yes, we have been all over the West too.
5. Ballymaloe Cafe at Ballymoloe House and Cookery School, Ballymaloe – Made famous by Irish chef Darina Allen (who actually is from Dublin), this very country style cafe situated at the back of the shop is definitely worth queuing for. Always busy, but put your name on the list and take a walk around the house or browse the fabulous shop. There is plenty to see here and you might just find something special for you.